Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2023 SD HS State Championship Schedule

Here we go!

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Viper, Fat125 and Reasa have reacted to this post.
ViperFat125Reasa

I hate this schedule..  when will the state realize how much it benefits the kids that don’t wrestle on Saturday.  The schedule They had the first year was great.  All kids that places had to make weight all 3 days.  Keeps it even for all kids..   also.   Individual championships should be wrestled on Saturday evening.

Fat125, duane and Racing34 have reacted to this post.
Fat125duaneRacing34

There is not a perfect solution unless you go with an alternate weekend.  If you were in the duals the first year, some of those kids had 3 extra matches before the placing matches. Advantage?

Gabe leonard has reacted to this post.
Gabe leonard

Yes they did have 3 more matches than kids that didn’t wrestle in the duals.   No perfect solution.    They tried to have to on an off weekend.  Didn’t work then won’t work now.   Also that would add another weekend of travel and hotel rooms for school that they don’t need.  But that has been cover before..

I feel with the extra weight some of these guys can put on in a days time is to much of an advantage.. with finals being Saturday at least those that wrestle in the duals have the over night to rest and recoup.

I also think the first year was a much better schedule just for atmosphere.  With the duals after the individual championships, you are going to have more people stay around to watch the duals.  If it is the next day, almost all fans from schools not in the duals will leave.  I feel that the atmosphere will be much better with a 3 day individual tournament/dual tournament, compared to a 2 day individual tournament/1 day dual tournament.

duane has reacted to this post.
duane

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar