Please or Register to create posts and topics.

4th and 5th graders

Going to try this here since I’m being censored on Facebook for asking a simple question. I posted a question on the Facebook page about kids who are in 7th-8th grade that qualify for the high school state tournament being allowed to then go compete at the AAU state tournament in the schoolboy/schoolgirl divisions. Lots of people feel that it should be allowed. Lots of responses saying let kids compete as much as they can or want to. I then posed the question about 4th-5th graders being allowed to compete at middle school state. This would give them more opportunities to compete and against tougher competition. The responses were the exact opposite. Just because they aren’t in middle school they shouldn’t be allowed to was the most common response. 7th and 8th graders aren’t in high school yet they are allowed to compete with the high schoolers. Some times with as much as a 7 year age difference. My son started competing against 6th graders when he was in 3rd grade. He then competed against some 7th graders as a 4th grader. He has won more of those matches than he has lost. As a 4th grader at the AAU state tournament he beat a kid who had just won the middle school state tournament. Rules can and sometimes be changed or exceptions should be made in certain situations.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar