Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Bracket Busters/Underdog Stories

One of my favorite subjects - every year several low ranked kids have an amazing tournament and show their guts and get on the podium.

Does anyone stick out in your mind?

1. 152B Weston Remmers unseeded until Peterson from Philip was scratched then got bumped up to a 10 seed, beat 4 medal winners and ended up in 3rd place.
Swiper, Skeeter and 9 other users have reacted to this post.
SwiperSkeetermarx07cdr17rebeldadSquirrel83Quinten ChristensenSasquatchFoxProGrapplerDadAaron

Weston Remmers looked awesome all weekend.  He came to compete that is for sure!  Congrats to him!

cdr17 and Fishhook have reacted to this post.
cdr17Fishhook

Jaxon Morrison 195A - First round loss to the #1 seed then battles back to take 3rd

Viper and Fat125 have reacted to this post.
ViperFat125

Jessie Johnson loses to Braden Le first round, battles back to take 3rd avenging his loss to the one who sent him to consolation.

Quote from interesting on March 2, 2022, 5:06 pm

Jessie Johnson loses to Braden Le first round, battles back to take 3rd avenging his loss to the one who sent him to consolation.

That does not make Johnson a bracket buster.  He was 4th sead.   If anything in that bracket I would say it was Le as the bracket buster..   a draw in 13th sead to 4th.   That is what you call a bracket buster..

Viper has reacted to this post.
Viper

Here are the top seed/place differentials out of Track

Wrestler Name Team Seed Place Difference
1 Morrison, Jaxon RC Central 16 3 13
2 Guthmiller, Summer Sioux Valley Girls 15 4 11
3 Le, Braden Watertown 13 4 9
3 Myers, Abraham Sf Washington 14 5 9
5 Williams, Nate Pierre 14 6 8
5 Ehresmann, Christian Groton Area 15 7 8
7 Remmers, Weston McCook Central/Montrose 10 3 7
8 Bird, Rylee Dell Rapids Girls 14 8 6
8 Kersting, Nate Kingsbury Co 14 8 6
8 Scott, Riley Custer 10 4 6
11 O`Connor, Logan Harrisburg 8 3 5
11 Larsen, Josh Harrisburg 10 5 5
11 McCoy, Thomas Belle Fourche 8 3 5
11 Quail, Jaxon Deuel 13 8 5
15 Vandenberg, Kyra Belle Fourche Girls 10 6 4
15 DuKuly, Jumah Sioux Falls Jefferson Girls 9 5 4
15 Htoo, Htee Huron Girls 7 3 4
15 Yellowhawk, Cateri Sully Buttes Girls 8 4 4
15 Johnson, Ian Watertown 7 3 4
15 Kettwig, Jax Watertown 9 5 4
15 Carda, Chet West Central 9 5 4
15 Hach, Micah Watertown 7 3 4
15 Whitley, Mason Redfield 9 5 4
15 Stover, Levi Stanley County 10 6 4
15 Noem, Parker Custer 7 3 4
Viper has reacted to this post.
Viper

Thank you for posting official differentials Chalk. Thats pretty much sums it up!

Quote from chargergrad on March 3, 2022, 8:37 am

That does not make Johnson a bracket buster.  He was 4th sead.   If anything in that bracket I would say it was Le as the bracket buster..   a draw in 13th sead to 4th.   That is what you call a bracket buster..

He was and underdog not a bracket buster per sey. Just giving credit to a good performance. Yes Le did great and he should be proud.

Quote from interesting on March 3, 2022, 10:34 am

He was and underdog not a bracket buster per sey. Just giving credit to a good performance. Yes Le did great and he should be proud.

I wouldnt classify him as an underdog.  Jessi was a highly ranked wrestler all year.   Was he seaded 4 or 5?  Getting 3rd yes great job.   But I would not classify him as an underdog..  Jessi was 1 of about 4-5 kids that could have won that bracket.

Quote from chargergrad on March 3, 2022, 1:13 pm
Quote from interesting on March 3, 2022, 10:34 am

I would classify him as an underdog.  Jessi was a highly ranked wrestler all year.   Was he seaded 4 or 5?  Getting 3rd yes great job.   But I would not classify him as an underdog..  Jessi was 1 of about 4-5 kids that could have won that bracket.

Fair assessment.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar