Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Fans with Class

Just watched a kid win his 4th state title in Iowa. There wasn’t a single fan in the entire arena that wasn’t standing up cheering for him. That’s a far cry from the way South Dakota wrestling fans have reacted in the past. Watching and listening to adults boo a high school kid just blows my mind. If you want your wrestlers and programs to be the ones who are having success then they need to put in the time and work.

Fat125, interesting and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Fat125interestingUnbeatableClearlyJoshua CaspersonfarmerboyAmy Dunlavy
Quote from jobro04 on February 18, 2023, 10:24 pm

Just watched a kid win his 4th state title in Iowa. There wasn’t a single fan in the entire arena that wasn’t standing up cheering for him. That’s a far cry from the way South Dakota wrestling fans have reacted in the past. Watching and listening to adults boo a high school kid just blows my mind. If you want your wrestlers and programs to be the ones who are having success then they need to put in the time and work.

Can’t agree more, the amount of boos to history being made at past state tournaments is pretty ridiculous.

Josh Chapman, interesting and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Josh Chapmaninterestingjobro04ClearlyJoshua CaspersonAmy Dunlavy

I don’t think people boo for no reason. They boo because of the attitude and sportsmanship they see showcased all year.

Skeeter, Josh Chapman and 16 other users have reacted to this post.
SkeeterJosh Chapmaninterestingjobro04Joshua CaspersonMr.Breshot3pointnearfallHasBeenTigerPrideSdOrangeClearlyReasaTravisFishhookdieselMonty ShorterHeather Gessner
Quote from East River Wrastle on February 18, 2023, 11:43 pm

I don’t think people boo for no reason. They boo because of the attitude and sportsmanship they see showcased all year.

They boo because of JEALOUSY, jealous of the work ethic and sacrifices one most make to stand on top of the podium….  Built not Born

HasBeen, SdOrange and 13 other users have reacted to this post.
HasBeenSdOrangeReasaClass B Rating BoardEast River WrastledieselMonty Shorterinterestingjobro04Don’t Worry About ItUnbeatableJoshua CaspersonMr.BAmandaSneakypete

Quote from East River Wrastle on February 18, 2023, 11:43 pm

they most definitely boo because of jealousy. A kid being excited about his success is definitely not poor sportsmanship.

SdOrange, Reasa and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
SdOrangeReasaJeffyMonty ShorterSkeeterUnbeatableMr.BSneakypete

Where’s all the Boo birds?

Even worse is when they cheer if an athlete is hurt.  I seen it when Isaac Klinkhammer had blown both knees. It was disgusting.

interesting, Gene Calmus and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
interestingGene CalmusDon’t Worry About ItUnbeatableJoshua CaspersonAmandadieselchilcutt23
Josh Chapman

Yesterday was a bit appalling for poor sportsmanship as well.  Folks need to do better.

Jrocket, Viper and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
JrocketViperTrason OehmemamajenoSneakypete

Is that on you for expecting more out of Watertown?   😬😉

Sneakypete has reacted to this post.
Sneakypete

I was on the other end with the Bs.   Who was Watertown cheering for after a injury?

Jealousy, go back and watch.  My opinion it’s pretty classy when a kid points to his crowd and gets the fans into it, nothing wrong with that

"They're booing you because they're a**holes, Mickey." - The Fighter

Travis has reacted to this post.
Travis
Quote from Clearly on February 25, 2023, 12:03 pm

Is that on you for expecting more out of Watertown?   😬😉

So let’s hear it Clearly..   What match are you speaking  of when you are saying that about Watertown?

Muskie has reacted to this post.
Muskie

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar