Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Interesting for 2024-25 season if true NFHS

Apparently the NFHS rules committee is expected to consider some changes for the 2024-2025 high school season, here’s what is proposed:

Out of bounds: just a single point of contact on the mat to continue wrestling.
Near fall: 2 count = 2 pts, 3 count = 3 pts and 4 count = 4 pts.
Scoring: adopt the 3-point takedown.
This is not on their website yet, but comes from the world of X. If this is a rumor, I fell for it, but thought the source was credible. I don't know if South Dakota would deviate from any of these (out of bounds) considering the smaller gyms and limited space in some venues, but this would open things up a little.
Stay tuned.
Fat125, 3pointnearfall and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Fat1253pointnearfallinterestingBultjeA

I would love to see HS adopt the collegiate rules.  This article that seems to confirm the proposal: https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/high-school/wrestling/2024/04/05/nfhs-plans-to-announce-new-wrestling-rules-for-the-2024-25-season/73214903007/

The National Federation of State High School Associations Wrestling Rules Committee met earlier this month to discuss potential changes for the 2024-25 season. The committee is expected to make an announcement at the end of the month.

Some of the proposals included a takedown being awarded three points, near-fall would be two points (for a two count), three (three count) and four (four count); and an out-of-bounds rule where a single point of contact on the mat would allow wrestling to continue.

All three changes would line up with collegiate wrestling rules.

Fat125 has reacted to this post.
Fat125

I like the college out of bounds rule but like you stated it just might not work here due to space.

interesting has reacted to this post.
interesting

College mats are not significantly bigger than high school mats.  A foot on the gym floor is still out of bounds.  I think this is a step in the right direction.

interesting has reacted to this post.
interesting

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar