Please or Register to create posts and topics.

MN State Wrestling Program

Pretty cool state tournament program for Minnesota. https://www.flipsnack.com/ECA65FCC5A8/2023-wrestling-program-v-1/full-view.html

It appears you can only get them online, but someone did a nice job.

The schedule in the program gives an alternative to SD's schedule, with the team duals on Thursday, individual on Friday/Saturday.  Wonder what the MN wrestlers and fans think of that?

I am sure the schools not in the duals love the extra pound.  Actually, I think that might be a fun change to make, it would get state finals back to Saturday evening.

Viper has reacted to this post.
Viper

Being from MN most of my life this is all MN fans have ever known. I think this changed to this format back in 2008 or before. Minnesota doesn't keep track of team points in the individual tournament though so if you want to be a team state champ you need to do it in the duals.

EdumacatorAndre has reacted to this post.
EdumacatorAndre
Quote from bigb on March 2, 2023, 4:00 pm

Being from MN most of my life this is all MN fans have ever known. I think this changed to this format back in 2008 or before. Minnesota doesn't keep track of team points in the individual tournament though so if you want to be a team state champ you need to do it in the duals.

Also helps with the number of schools competing. For the SD duals, the top kids have seen each other at least 1 time throughout the year. MN has so many more teams and kids that many of the top kids and teams haven't seen each other yet so it's not as big of a deal.

Minnesota may be the only state that puts a high emphasis on team duals.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar