Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Rapid City Invite

Why on earth would you start a tournament at noon when you have all this wrestling to be done…   Should have started at 9Am at the latest.

3pointnearfall, TigerPride and diesel have reacted to this post.
3pointnearfallTigerPridediesel

Congratulations Rapid City running the worst tournament in the history of wrestling. The Varsity guys weighed in at 7:00am and probably won’t wrestle until 6:00pm. Then, the varsity guys have to get their weight back down yet tonight for another weigh in tomorrow morning. This is one of the stupidest tournaments I’ve ever been too

Quote from 3pointnearfall on December 9, 2022, 6:37 pm

Congratulations Rapid City running the worst tournament in the history of wrestling. The Varsity guys weighed in at 7:00am and probably won’t wrestle until 6:00pm. Then, the varsity guys have to get their weight back down yet tonight for another weigh in tomorrow morning. This is one of the stupidest tournaments I’ve ever been too

The tournament has always been like.  Its a great tournament.  A little weight management throughout the day never hurt anybody.  Complain about some more things please.

3pointnearfall and Monty Shorter have reacted to this post.
3pointnearfallMonty Shorter

Things will change next year. We will get this right. It was about 910 wrestlers and over 1,000 matches with girls, JV, and varsity.

Your comments remind me of the kids that wrestled in the State Duals last year and frankly the ones that will this year.

Friday, 6:30am weigh ins, wrestled a 9:00am or so semifinal, Finals depending on what weight they start at about 6-9pm then wait for all the awards are done for both the A's & B’s, which was really late and took a while, then wait for team pictures for placing with your team. Finally get out of the arena, take bus back to hotel, cut weight, eat a little get to bed about 12-1am. Meanwhile all the kids not wrestling in the state duals were able to eat and get heavier all afternoon before the placing rounds/championships and not have to "manage" their weight all day and into the late night after the grind of the individual tournament of 2 days and 4-5 matches. Weigh in at 8:30am next day and go wrestle three tough matches on Saturday.

Kids wrestling in the duals got 1 lb. for the 3rd day, kind of a penalty for making the state duals from a weight management prospective. Not complaining since not everyone makes the duals but takes some discipline by those kids. Kudos to them.

Oldman157 has reacted to this post.
Oldman157
Quote from chalk on January 5, 2023, 3:08 pm

Things will change next year. We will get this right. It was about 910 wrestlers and over 1,000 matches with girls, JV, and varsity.

Your comments remind me of the kids that wrestled in the State Duals last year and frankly the ones that will this year.

Friday, 6:30am weigh ins, wrestled a 9:00am or so semifinal, Finals depending on what weight they start at about 6-9pm then wait for all the awards are done for both the A's & B’s, which was really late and took a while, then wait for team pictures for placing with your team. Finally get out of the arena, take bus back to hotel, cut weight, eat a little get to bed about 12-1am. Meanwhile all the kids not wrestling in the state duals were able to eat and get heavier all afternoon before the placing rounds/championships and not have to "manage" their weight all day and into the late night after the grind of the individual tournament of 2 days and 4-5 matches. Weigh in at 8:30am next day and go wrestle three tough matches on Saturday.

Kids wrestling in the duals got 1 lb. for the 3rd day, kind of a penalty for making the state duals from a weight management prospective. Not complaining since not

Quote from chalk on January 5, 2023, 3:08 pm

Kids wrestling in the duals got 1 lb. for the 3rd day, kind of a penalty for making the state duals from a weight management prospective. Not complaining since not everyone makes the duals but takes some discipline by those kids. Kudos to them.

All I'm saying is that the tournament has almost always been ran like that.  You weigh in Friday morning around 7 and then wrestling never started untill after 3pm on friday anyway.

3pointnearfall and TigerPride have reacted to this post.
3pointnearfallTigerPride
Quote from 3pointnearfall on December 9, 2022, 6:37 pm

I will agree it wasn't perfect.  It was the first year to actually give JV kids a full bracket instead of the 4 man round robbin bracket.  Things should get better next year.  I still think it was worth the headache for the type of competition you get.  There are always top teams from South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wyoming.  Hold judgements for a year and if it is still bad next year, I will admit that you were right.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar