Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Registration of Junior Boys and HS Girls - SDWCA State Freestyle

We know there has been a lot of questions on how registration is going to work for Junior boys and HS girls for the Freestyle portion of the state AAU tournament.  SDWCA and SD USA Wrestling are working together to facilitate the Freestyle portion on Friday evening.  Even though this is being run through the SDWCA and state AAU tournament; wrestlers, coaches, and officials will still be required to obtain and have the USA Wrestling credentials to follow policy.

Registration for Junior boys and HS girls will be done through trackwrestling only.  The registration link should be open on that Sunday after all the regional AAU tournaments.  At this time we do not know how long the registration link will be active, but we will update on this thread once we know for sure.  Make sure your Junior boys and HS girls get pre-registered and signed up through this process, as this is the ONLY way to register for the state Freestyle portion of the tournament.  All athletes will NEED a full athlete USA membership.  This membership will be good for any USA sanctioned event that your wrestler wants to participate in over the summer.  We will have multiple events starting this Spring and Summer for athletes to attend.  They will work out of state as well.

Coaches- Please remember we posted earlier a thread about how to obtain your Bronze level USA coaching card.  There will be a coaches table to purchase a coach’s bands at check-in on Friday in Sioux Falls, but you will need to present your USA Bronze level coaches card to purchase a band.  Please refer to our earlier post about how to obtain your credentials.  Remember there is a background check involved, so do not wait.  This will also allow you to have access to coach your wrestler at USA sanctioned events as well.  This is USA Wrestling policy.

Junior boys and HS girls...you will be checking in at a separate line at state, rather than following in the line of your designated Region.  All Freestyle wrestlers will check-in at the signed Freestyle line at the Premier Center.  We will have signs posted.  You will also be required to weigh-in with a singlet on.

If there are any other questions related to the Freestyle portion at state, please ask here, and we will do our best to answer in a timely fasion.

Thank you- SD USA Wrestling

UPDATE ON REGISTRATION:

Junior Boys and HS Girls state registration will open Sunday (13th) at 10:00 am/CT, and will close on Wednesday (23rd) at 10:00 am/CT.  There will be NO late registrations or walk-ins allowed.  This will all be done through TRACKWRESTLING

Why is there not more kids signing up for this event ?

CADETS-JUIOR BOYS-HS GIRLS- (USA CARD MEMBERSHIP) 

For the upcoming Freestyle divisions on Friday(25th) in Sioux Falls, we just want to remind all the athletes in these divisions that USA Full Athlete Membership is required.  There is a possibility that at some of the Regional tournament(s), that Cadets may not have gotten checked for their USA card.  We do not want to turn any wrestler away from check-in on Friday who has already pre-qualified, or any Juniors and HS Girls as well.

https://www.usawmembership.com/help/category/3/question/14#:~:text=USA%20Wrestling%20Membership%20System%20Help&text=%22Manage%20%2D%3E%20Memberships%22%20in,and%20then%20the%20Athlete%20Membership.

I have been trying to add my son for junior registration. I’ve been having issues with my computer.  Can I still get him in?

also I have my daughter signed up. Will brackets be done before they weigh in or after if they need to change weights?

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar