Please or Register to create posts and topics.

South Dakota Class A Ratings 12 deep 2023/2024 Week #11

South Dakota Class A Ratings 12 deep 2023/2024 Week #11

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I thought the state dual results weren't going to affect rankings and seedings?

Quote from 3moves on February 11, 2024, 7:34 pm

I thought the state dual results weren't going to affect rankings and seedings?

The state duals do not effect Track Wrestling seeding, The rankings group seems to be showing the changes, to show what it would be if would have been if track would have used State Duals.

Why would Track not use State Dual results? Who is responsible for that decision??

I would assume that it is because they didn't want people holding starters out who were worried about State seeding like we see in college so much

Jrocket, interesting and Class B Rating Board have reacted to this post.
JrocketinterestingClass B Rating Board
Quote from David on February 12, 2024, 2:35 pm

I would assume that it is because they didn't want people holding starters out who were worried about State seeding like we see in college so much

After track releases the seeding, The coaches have the ability to argue the seed and you can bet the State Duals will be a sticking point if there was an upset.

interesting, Fat125 and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
interestingFat1253pointnearfallDavid
No matter where you go……There you are.

Ok Williams from Lennox has beat Wilson from Tea like 3 or 4 times I believe each time by either pin or major decision. Yet Wilson is Third and Williams is 8 at 138? I see Wilson got a big win over Peters (Sturgis) so congrats to him but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

interesting has reacted to this post.
interesting
Quote from bigb on February 12, 2024, 3:26 pm

Ok Williams from Lennox has beat Wilson from Tea like 3 or 4 times I believe each time by either pin or major decision. Yet Wilson is Third and Williams is 8 at 138? I see Wilson got a big win over Peters (Sturgis) so congrats to him but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

Not saying the rankings are right or wrong, but I would like to add don't sleep on that Wilson kid... It wouldn't shock me to see him in the Sate finals, it also wouldn't shock me to see him not make it out of Regions. It's kinda what you get with that kid. He sure is fun to watch!

Huskers1w has reacted to this post.
Huskers1w
Quote from Lets-Roll on February 13, 2024, 9:35 am
Quote from bigb on February 12, 2024, 3:26 pm

Not saying the rankings are right or wrong, but I would like to add don't sleep on that Wilson kid... It wouldn't shock me to see him in the Sate finals, it also wouldn't shock me to see him not make it out of Regions. It's kinda what you get with that kid. He sure is fun to watch!

Not taking anything  away from Wilson he is a talented wrestler and deserving to be on the list probably right  around where he is right noow but all I was saying is if you put him somewhere you gotta put Williams ahead of him. Wilson always been a fun kid to watch wrestle.  Best of luck in Regions gentleman.

Huskers1w has reacted to this post.
Huskers1w

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar