Please or Register to create posts and topics.

South Dakota Class A Ratings 12 deep 2023/2024 Week #9

Page 1 of 2Next

South Dakota Class A Ratings 12 deep 2023/2024 Week #9

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
pick6 has reacted to this post.
pick6

Brayden Shoemaker is my WOW since Elijah Schunke had it last week.   Both wrestlers beat the #1 ranked wrestler in their weight classes..

Instig8r and 3pointnearfall have reacted to this post.
Instig8r3pointnearfall

I could go with Shoemaker or Wilde for WOW. Both beat their #1 in A, both in way more competitive Weight classes.

Instig8r, Viper and 3pointnearfall have reacted to this post.
Instig8rViper3pointnearfall

Right,  how did we come up with Micah Hach?   He won matches he was expected to win

3pointnearfall and 3moves have reacted to this post.
3pointnearfall3moves

Brayden Shoemaker is definitely WOW. There is no question about it.

And as long as I'm on here, I'm going to add a couple comments about the dynamite dozen also.

I really enjoy looking at these ranking every week, and I'm glad I don't have to do them.

I certainly agree with the DD top 4. Navarro is certainly #1. Based the amount of titles each has, 2 and 3 could maybe be switched around.

As far as 5, 6, & 7, Sheridan, Werdel, and Lewis are all hammers for sure, but I think having 3 kids from one weight class on the DD is bit excessive. Especially when only one is going to win the class, and there's only one state title between the 3 of them currently

interesting has reacted to this post.
interesting
Quote from Clearly on January 28, 2024, 5:06 pm

Right,  how did we come up with Micah Hach?   He won matches he was expected to win

Didn't Micah Hach beat a defending state champ this week from the B's (Cook) He is #5 in the B's dynamite dozen

Clearly and Tim Nehlich have reacted to this post.
ClearlyTim Nehlich

I am being as complimentary as I can.....but the state of the HWT situation in the state of SD  past Schunke and Hach is.....not great. I watched the B HWT champ.match last year it was the most painful example of High School wrestling I have ever watched

Viper, 3pointnearfall and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Viper3pointnearfallTakedown247365Clearly

Yes

How about the fact that Zens was so sick he couldn’t compete..  Shoemaker won’t touch any of the top of that weight class the rest of the year.   The read is out on the BV kids.  Get criteria over someone and then just happen to not wrestle in the next couple days..  where you will see the same kid..

interesting

I heard something along those lines, and Shoemaker should have wrestled on Saturday. That's why my vote was also Wilde, had 1-3 in that bracket plus 3 other ranked kids. Hach beat #2 B wrestler? And now u look and see how can you #2 B HWT be part of your Dynamite Dozen? There are like 4 106# in B that could almost beat the B HWTs

interesting and 3pointnearfall have reacted to this post.
interesting3pointnearfall

I would have given Wrestler of the week to Graham Wilde from Jefferson. That bracket was packed full of high ranked kids. The whole division is Tough. That’s my opinion for wow this week

buffalo, Clearly and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
buffaloClearlyCab.fan3moves
Quote from chargergrad on January 29, 2024, 11:23 am

How about the fact that Zens was so sick he couldn’t compete..  Shoemaker won’t touch any of the top of that weight class the rest of the year.   The read is out on the BV kids.  Get criteria over someone and then just happen to not wrestle in the next couple days..  where you will see the same kid..

Its not just Brandon, Canton does the same thing its an LOG thing.

Have you ever seen a "LOG" Brandon wrestle an "LOG" Canton .....unwritten law not going to happen.

interesting and Muskie have reacted to this post.
interestingMuskie

Does Zens spanking Zebroski not count for anything?

interesting

Why is Aberdeen Central ranked over Rapid City Stevens when Stevens beat them?  I thought this was based on results when you had Sturgis at like 5 or 6 a couple of weeks ago.

3pointnearfall and interesting have reacted to this post.
3pointnearfallinteresting
Quote from Instig8r on January 29, 2024, 4:23 pm

Does Zens spanking Zebroski not count for anything?

or how about the fact that he is the only kid in the state to have beaten Johannsen in the last 4 years?  Too much flip flopping after one bad week.  Johannsen never should have left the one spot a week ago and Zens shouldn't have dropped to 4 this week.  They're clearly the best two at that weight class this year.

3pointnearfall and WAM have reacted to this post.
3pointnearfallWAM
Quote from chargergrad on January 29, 2024, 11:23 am

He shouldn’t have wrestled……but he did, and got beat.  Grow up.

3pointnearfall and Troy Oehme have reacted to this post.
3pointnearfallTroy Oehme

You are right he shouldn’t have..  but the fact a kid got the beat of him when he want 100%  doesn’t give the the title of WOW..  let’s be real he was more than lucky.

No need to grow up.  I’m stating  the obvious..

Quote from chargergrad on January 29, 2024, 7:23 pm

You are right he shouldn’t have..  but the fact a kid got the best of him when he wasnt 100%  doesn’t give the the title of WOW..  let’s be real he was more than lucky.

Edited my own post

Quote from chargergrad on January 29, 2024, 7:26 pm
Quote from chargergrad on January 29, 2024, 7:23 pm

You are right he shouldn’t have..  but the fact a kid got the best of him when he wasnt 100%  doesn’t give the the title of WOW..  let’s be real he was more than lucky.

Edited my own post

I don’t disagree with your position on the wow, he did wrestle a great match and Zens had a tough day given his sickness, that might not be wow material, but you can guarantee I will call you out whenever you dog on kids, no matter where they are from.

Not trying to dog on the kids..  I put it on the coaches if the kids are not competing..   to me that’s not showing what our sport is about..

Page 1 of 2Next

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar