Please or Register to create posts and topics.

South Dakota Class A Ratings 12 deep Week# 3 - 2022/2023

South Dakota Class A Ratings 12 deep Week# 3 - 2022/2023

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

These wrestlers that have not yet wrestled, How much time can they miss before they are ineligible to compete in Regions?

Since it seems some of the other rules have changed.

Quote from Convoy on December 21, 2022, 8:04 am

These wrestlers that have not yet wrestled, How much time can they miss before they are ineligible to compete in Regions?

Since it seems some of the other rules have changed.

Unless something has changed, and anyone can feel free to correct me if I’m wrong here, but they should be able to show up to regions and if they place top 4 still have a spot at state. Say if they had an injury that kept them out until regions for example.
they wouldn’t have much for seeding criteria at the state tournament but they would still be eligible as long as they placed at regions

Viper I believe you are correct. The only caveat is at Regions for seeding.

https://www.sdhsaa.com/Handbook/ATH-Wrestling.pdf

This is on Page 9:

4. REGION Seeding and Drawing Rules (Updated 2017):

f. Contestants must have a minimum of eight matches actually wrestled at the weight class in which they are entered for competition at the Region Meet in order to be  considered for seeding. Any injury, illness, or ineligibility will not alter the above rule. This minimum number may be reduced provided committee members and head coaches in a Region vote by majority to do so.

Viper has reacted to this post.
Viper

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar