Please or Register to create posts and topics.

South Dakota Girls Ratings - Team Standings 2-6-22

Attached are this weeks updated ratings.  We updated the team standings now with full tournament scoring figured in.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Viper has reacted to this post.
Viper

How will they determine what girls will go to state this year?  I am hearing there will be no regions for girls.  That makes it hard when some girls don't get to wrestle much due to a lack of girls in our area.  Seems like the west side of the state has plenty of girls vs the east side.  Many wrestling meets there was nobody to wrestle.

Wrestler has reacted to this post.
Wrestler

I think they are using the same criteria as the boys tournament, but picking the top 16 wrestlers, instead of seeding a region and having a qualifier.  I have no idea if they will seed all 16, the top 8, or the top 12.  But, the criteria, as I understand it, should be:

Head to Head
Common Opponent
Returning State Place Winner
If a tie on state place, nearest weight will be given criteria
Winning Percentage
Coin Flip

This is what I was able to gain from the handbook.  I do think there is a big gap between returning state placer and winning percentage.  I would like to see something like a significant win category, but I don't know how that would really work.  I guess, what I am saying is, I think there should be something else between placer and winning percentage, but I don't know what it should be.

Wrestler has reacted to this post.
Wrestler

Seems to me that all girls should qualify for State if there is no established regional system. Even if brackets are larger than 16. Just pigtail them in. Make sure each contestant has at least 4 to 6 matches at a given weight (except for injury exception) to qualify, and let them wrestle. Just seed the top 8 because they haven't seen each other very often?

Wrestler, CoachRingst and Steviewonder79 have reacted to this post.
WrestlerCoachRingstSteviewonder79
Quote from Sprawler on February 8, 2022, 9:46 pm

Seems to me that all girls should qualify for State if there is no established regional system. Even if brackets are larger than 16. Just pigtail them in. Make sure each contestant has at least 4 to 6 matches at a given weight (except for injury exception) to qualify, and let them wrestle. Just seed the top 8 because they haven't seen each other very often?

Problem is....this would make too much sense.

ac3217, UpNOut and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
ac3217UpNOutJen McConnielSteviewonder79

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar