Please or Register to create posts and topics.

State Tournament History

Does anyone have a detailed history going way back to the 60's or 70's to present of the SD Boys wrestling tournament with all the match results?  At one time  about six years ago someone had posted on Dakota Grappler a link with all the brackets and scores of almost every SD boys state tournament wrestling tournament.  They had scanned in all the paper programs that you buy at the state tournament and all the brackets were filled out.

Contact George Kiner

[email protected]  605-627-9290.

He helped compile a book for Coaches against Cancer that chronicled the state tournament from its beginning. The last version I have goes through 2016. I don't know if he would still have any copies or know if any were available. Great memories recorded.

Steviewonder79 has reacted to this post.
Steviewonder79

Thank you

Here are the all the boys finals matches for both A & B going back in history. Also lists the Team and Dual Championships. This is unofficial, but I had put some work in a few years ago to try and bring this up to speed and then have filled it in the last few years. If there are any major mistakes let me know.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Dave, Fat125 and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
DaveFat125interestinglnllekrazy32Steviewonder79

I printed them all out years ago when they were on here, but I lost them all last may in a fire.

How much would it cost to put ALL the old state tournaments in Trackwrestling?  The SDHSAA should have them (Hopefully).  I would donate to a fund to pay someone to enter them.   I'm sure it would cost some for Track or some other bracketing program.

Grapple and Steviewonder79 have reacted to this post.
GrappleSteviewonder79

Here Armbar   🙂  :

Uploaded files:
Sprawler and Grapple have reacted to this post.
SprawlerGrapple

these were all  I had for State A

Uploaded files:
Armbar and Grapple have reacted to this post.
ArmbarGrapple

State B available files

Uploaded files:
ArmbarGrapple

this is it...I ran out of time years ago when I stopped by Pierre to scan these from the SDHSAA.

Uploaded files:
ArmbarGrapple

and the last one I have...

Uploaded files:
Armbar has reacted to this post.
Armbar

Thanks for downloading what you had for the state tournament results will all the matches.

Thank you for sharing those brackets! That was fun to look at. Anyone have any others they'd like to share?! 🙂

Thanks so much.  What sucks is I lost almost all my memorabilia in the fire.   I luckily have my scrapbooks, but the brackets and are all gone.    My sister has been to most all the state B tournaments since 82.  And she fills out every match in every bracket!  She's missed the last few due to covid as she's old and has MS and is afraid of Covid.

She missed a few due to weather from 82 to 2019.

You are welcome! Sorry about the fire- that's a bummer.

Well Armbar, I got to see you wrestle in high school- You were pretty amazing. Another great Mobridge grappler. And your moniker suits you to a tee.

So I have that video of you in my head.

Again, if you can get to Pierre sometime and spend a day, they will probably let you use their scanner/copier to make pdfs of every year at the SDHSAA office.

Might take a couple of days.

SW

Uploaded files:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar