Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Thoughts on the B dual tournament.

I thought the atmosphere was great, lots of cheering and a good crowd.

It was great seeing several rated wrestlers squaring off and many of the duals were really close and came down to the last match.

The timing of having it earlier was much better for the fans and wrestlers, and it was short and sweet.  (in my opinion).

The venue was very nice as well, lots of concessions, clean bathrooms and hey, a pop and brat was $5 not $15!!!

Great job by all.  We look forward to it next year!!!

Jrocket, Viper and 14 other users have reacted to this post.
JrocketViperSwiperpurecowboy22MadInvite3pointnearfalldvmpeteduaneJaxlamson719SCWFClass B Rating BoardMaryfrancesadamskrazy32HulkAshley Robbins

I didn't know they changed it.   Was it on SDPB live stream?   So are individuals back to Friday n Saturday?

Quote from Armbar on February 18, 2024, 4:08 pm

I didn't know they changed it.   Was it on SDPB live stream?   So are individuals back to Friday n Saturday?

Oh no, The Denny and Monument still want their money...Still Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

No matter where you go……There you are.

It was terrible it was better on sat after state individual keep it there or dont do it at all

Jrocket, 3pointnearfall and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Jrocket3pointnearfalldvmpeteduaneMuskie
Quote from Shane sutera on February 20, 2024, 9:46 pm

It was terrible it was better on sat after state individual keep it there or dont do it at all

I strongly disagree.

I was at the Class A State duals this year, I thought it was great! I can't speak for the Class B duals last year, because I was watching the Class A duals, but it was definitely noticeable that some of the boys were "over it" after the individual tournament, and didn't wanna wrestle their best.

As far as the individual tournament being 3 days, I suspect the Denny was reserved for all 3 days prior to the state duals being rescheduled. So SDHSAA is paying for all 3 days any way.

In my opinion, the State duals should be the weekend before regions again next year, and the individual tournament should go back to Friday and Saturday. I understand its more traveling, but I think there was a lot more energy at the duals this year.

Jrocket, dvmpete and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Jrocketdvmpetejobro04duane

I think the wrestlers definitely prefer it the way they did it this year, scheduling it two weeks before the individual tourney.  Also thought it was a good decision to not have the dual tourney matches count toward seeding at state individual...led to some good individual matchups that might not have happened otherwise.

Dave and Muskie have reacted to this post.
DaveMuskie

Kinda late to the party, but why can’t we wrestle for 7th and 8th?  The mat is setup, the workers are there, the refs are there, the wrestlers are weighed in…. Why can’t we send one more team home with a win?

dgranny, Kelly and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
dgrannyKellycyclonefanHulkMuskie

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar