Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What are the ODDS?

Ok, so a crazy thing happened Friday in the 220B weight class.   The #1 seed slams his kid, who then is concussed and can't continue in the tournament.  This happened in the Semi-Finals so there is no Finals at 22oB.   Schoenhard gets to walk out and get a State title.   So, How often does that happen?  I know it's not unheard of,  but now considder this.   Whatever those odds are, now square it because Schoenhard's brother won a title the exact same way!  Oh and if you really want astronomical odd, factor in the odds of brothers winning a title.

Anyone got acess to an A.I. app that can find the odds and search every state tournament in seconds?

this should be a trivia question

Armbar and East River Wrastle have reacted to this post.
ArmbarEast River Wrastle

We were talking about this yesterday.  My older son remembers the kids from the 1st match.  After he told me the names I remember the match.  Ostbye slammed Bertram and Schoenhard won by medical forfeit.  Ostbye came back the next year to win it.  Hopefully Wieman gets another shot at it next year.  A lot of people feel that it was a controversial call.  The camera shows it all.  He tripped the kid backwards.  The worst of it is, is that both of those would have been fun championship matches to watch.  The older Schoenhard wasn't afraid to try some crazy stuff for the win and Aiden never gives up.

Aiden Schoenhard has reacted to this post.
Aiden Schoenhard
Quote from Warrior93 on February 27, 2023, 2:28 pm

We were talking about this yesterday.  My older son remembers the kids from the 1st match.  After he told me the names I remember the match.  Ostbye slammed Bertram and Schoenhard won by medical forfeit.  Ostbye came back the next year to win it.  Hopefully Wieman gets another shot at it next year.  A lot of people feel that it was a controversial call.  The camera shows it all.  He tripped the kid backwards.  The worst of it is, is that both of those would have been fun championship matches to watch.  The older Schoenhard wasn't afraid to try some crazy stuff for the win and Aiden never gives up.

That's some very crazy history! I watched this live and then again about 5 times via video. While the takedown was hard and you heard a "thump" it wasn't your typical double-leg takedown type of slam which we've all seen before. Seemed like a fairly normal single leg to the back, they just landed harder than normal. It felt wrong to disqualify him, and it absolutely didn't look intentional.

As far as the brother getting the title the exact opposite way, that's pretty wild - I don't think I remember that one.

Quote from Viper on February 27, 2023, 3:08 pm
Quote from Warrior93 on February 27, 2023, 2:28 pm

That's some very crazy history! I watched this live and then again about 5 times via video. While the takedown was hard and you heard a "thump" it wasn't your typical double-leg takedown type of slam which we've all seen before. Seemed like a fairly normal single leg to the back, they just landed harder than normal. It felt wrong to disqualify him, and it absolutely didn't look intentional.

As far as the brother getting the title the exact opposite way, that's pretty wild - I don't think I remember that one.

I don't believe the call was controveral at all.  It wasn't intentional, but was definately an illegal slam.  I've seen this called exactly the same way, in almost the same manner.  I do believe it would have been a good finals match this year, as they were 1-1 with each other.   I would beg to differ in the other non-finals years ago.  The Parkston kid was a BEAST!

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar