Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What OPC Looks Like

Here is what the OPC looks like for one of our wrestlers.  Very structured weight loss throughout the season.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

So he can go wrestle as low as 106. But come post season he has to go back up to 120?

Quote from mjax26 on November 22, 2022, 9:25 pm

So he can go wrestle as low as 106. But come post season he has to go back up to 120?

He does not have to; I believe it's due to his only "recorded" weigh in. The plan will adapt based on each official weigh-in, and those "actual eligible weight" numbers will change.

mjax26 has reacted to this post.
mjax26

Ok thanks

I find it interesting that with the certification date being the 22nd it shows the 1st weeks 1.5% allowable weight loss dating back to the 18th. Which essentially  gives wrestlers two weeks of allowed weigh loss in 11 days to make weight by a Dec 2nd event. That would have been very useful information for these athletes before certification.

So the question is, if kids certify today (23rd), will it do the same (2 weeks of 1.5% allowable loss by an event weekend of Dec 2nd-4th)? Who is the Track Wrestling genius that can clarify that?

What would happen if a wrestler loses more weight than allowed for a week? For instance in the above table, week 3 they weigh 114.0 instead of the 115.43?

From my understanding, even though they weigh 114, their weight would get recorded for that weigh-in as 115.43.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar