Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wrestling community lost good one!

Kurt Flesner of Philip, lost his battle with cancer Tuesday morning. If you want read his full obituary you can go to http://www.rushfuneralhome.com but here is just one section of it I thought would be nice to share. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers. I know that wrestling communities are the best and when something like this happens we come together and support one another. RIP Kurt!

"Kurt’s passion for sports began at an early age with T-ball and AAU wrestling. This would quickly move into baseball, football, and varsity level wrestling as he entered Jr. High. Kurt was happy to earn one of Mr. Donnelly’s nicknames “Kurtis T Justice”. Kurt qualified for state wrestling from 8th grade through his senior year, his hard work and dedication forever earned him a place with Philip’s many greats on the gym’s state achievement banner. Wrestling was more than a sport for Kurt, he made friends throughout the state while waiting to take the mat. Kurt loved to play football with his teammates, he and friends would often relive memories of favorite game moments. Those who competed with and against Kurt knew of his tenacity and relentless effort, he left everything on the mat and field both in practice and competition. His track career was his shortest, just his 7th grade year, when asked if he was going out again in 8th grade, he replied “why would I run around in circles when I can make money and have fun branding”."

McCook has reacted to this post.
McCook

He was a great young man.  I had the privilege to have some of our wrestlers wrestle him during HS.  Class act whether he won or lost a match.  Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and the Philip Area Wrestling communities during this time.

Coach Scott Andal

McCook Central/Montrose

Brawlers has reacted to this post.
Brawlers

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Skip to toolbar