Here the offical job posting for the LOG open position in May.
Legends of Gold, Inc. Position: Director of Wrestling and Daily Operations Reports to: Board of Directors Status: Full-Time, Exempt Basic Functions: The Director of Wrestling and Daily Operations will be responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the wrestling club Legends of Gold, Inc. (LOG), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Organizational Relationships: Primarily responsible to the Board of Directors for successful and efficient operations of the organization. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recruit full-time resident student athletes for the International Development Academy (IDA).
2. Work with the Director of Facilities/Coach to ensure proper training plans are in place.
3. Maintain training plans with all LOG locations (currently Baltic and Beresford) to ensure technique, coaching and other important items are relayed between the club’s locations to provide unity and consistency.
4. Work with the Chief Administrative Officer to organize schedule of tournaments and travel arrangements when required, including but not limited to hotel reservations and other rental requirements while traveling.
5. Work with the Chief Administrative Officer to ensure all athletes are properly registered for training and are current on their payment obligations.
6. Recruit new athletes and programming to the facilities.
7. Organize camps throughout the year to meet annual budget expectations.
8. Organize tournaments throughout the year to meet annual budget expectations.
9. Organize off-season training in Freestyle, Greco and Folkstyle.
10. Work with the Board of Directors and club members to solicit sponsorships, apply for grants and other available funding, and organize general fundraisers.
11. Plan and attend monthly Board of Directors meetings.
12. Work with the Chief Administrative Officer to maintain current information on the website for pricing, schedules and all related activities and pertinent information.
13. Maintenance and usage of all LOG social media platforms to promote all aspects of LOG, including but not limited to camps, tournament results and major announcements.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Other: 1. Must have knowledge of USA wrestling RTC, club rules and policies. 2. Requires ability to work days, nights and weekends. 3. Current coaching certification through USA Wrestling. 4. Candidate must pass background check through USA Wrestling. Failure to pass this check will result in immediate withdrawal of the job offer. Compensation:
1. Annual salary $30,000
2. On-site housing at the Legends of Gold campus in Beresford, SD
3. Incentive bonuses, at the discretion of the Board of Directors
4. Cell phone stipend NOTE: This job description is intended to provide a fairly comprehensive and accurate description of the position, but it will not cover all aspects, details or tasks required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Candidate Application Information: Questions and application inquiries should be directed to: Terry Pack, CEO/Director of Facility Oversight [email protected] 530-305-3186
Anticipated Start Date: May 1, 2023 (negotiable) Job will remain open until a successful candidate is found.